Sunday, October 12, 2014

24 Weeks

24 Weeks: Baby O2 is the size of an ear of corn.  
Our little one weighs just over 1 pound (supposedly he/she gained 4 ounces in the last week) and is a foot long! The brain is growing quickly and taste buds continue to develop.  His/her lungs are also developing "branches" on the respiratory "tree."

How far along? 24 Weeks
Total weight gain? Up 11 pounds.
Maternity clothes? I finally gave in and put on the maternity jeans this week.  Love how comfy they are!  
Stretch marks? Nope- lathering on my cocoa butter.
Sleep? The body pillow has officially arrived and is helping me sleep sooo good.  Although I had one really rough night of coughing where I slept in the guest bedroom to give Trent a break.  I should finally start getting over this month long cold cause the doctor gave me antibiotics on Friday at our appointment to help me kick it.
Best moment this week? Having a 3 day weekend with my boys.  Love that Emporia lets you do work days offsite.  We took advantage of it on Friday with our doctor appointment, lunch out, running errands, and a nap.  It was awesome!
Miss anything? Nothing this week. 
Movement? All the time and still the most frequent at night.
Food cravings? Made some caramel apples tonight cause they looked amazing at the store.
Anything making you queasy/sick? Nothing
Gender? 112ish days and then we'll know :)
Labor Signs? No- I'd hope not!
Symptoms? I've had two days of slight heartburn and some major rib pains on my right side.  But I'm very thankful that the heartburn isn't too strong yet like it was with Cole. 
Belly button in or out? Almost completely flat which is no surprise since my baby app says my uterus is the size of a soccer ball.
Wedding rings on or off? Off and at the jewelers still...
Happy or moody? Overjoyed  
Looking forward to? Even though I have to pull two work days from 7:30-7:30 this week, I can't wait for the 3.5 weekend that follows it!  We finish up conferences on Thursday around 11 and then I'm off all weekend long!!
Daddy moment?  With another weekend spent at home we got sooo much done again.  Trent and I were able to completely clear the garage of boxes finally and were able to pull all 3 vehicles into the garage and the shop.  Trent is having a ball organizing all his tools in his new shop and got all the lighting put in this weekend.
Big Brother Cole moment: Cole absolutely loves going "aside" (which means outside) to hang with Dad.  He was oh so helpful organizing with Dad this weekend.  We also got in lots of "sing" time down back.  He races as fast as his legs will carry him to the gate at the side of the shop and put his whole arm through to point at his swing-set.  He goes straight to the swing every time and then will end up at the slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment