Monday, October 20, 2014

25 Weeks


25 Weeks: Baby O2 is the size of a rutabaga.  
Our little one weighs a pound and a half and is 13.5 inches long! This week he/she is beginning to put on some baby fat and the wrinkled skin will start smoothing out so the baby will look more like a newborn. Baby O2 is also growing more hair and if we could see it then we'd be able to tell its color and texture.

How far along? 25 Weeks
Total weight gain? Up 12 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Only in maternity pants.
Stretch marks? Nope- lathering on my cocoa butter.
Sleep? Once I can get comfy then I'm out the second I close my eyes.
Best moment this week? 3 day weekend of fun with my boys!
Miss anything? Being comfortable anytime I move, sneeze, or cough. 
Movement? All the time and still the most frequent at night.
Food cravings? Just my crack filled, I mean salted caramel drink from Starbucks.
Anything making you queasy/sick? Nothing
Gender? 104ish days and then we'll know :)
Labor Signs? No- I'd hope not!
Symptoms? The rib pain I felt all this last week was no joke.  I coughed- it hurt, I bent down- it hurt, etc. Loading Cole in his carseat in the truck was enough to leave me gasping for air.  I won't even mention the moment that Harlee jumped up on the bed and her paw landed square on my ribs.  I'd be lying if I said I took it like a champ.  The solution according to Google- have the baby.  Umm, no thank you.  Looks like I'll be enjoying the rib pain for awhile longer now with a happy smile on my face.  Stay put little one and I'll just suck it up!
Belly button in or out? Completely flat in some moments and then puffs out in others. 
Wedding rings on or off? After a month and a half I finally got my rings back from the jewelers!!!  LOVE them. 
Happy or moody? Wasn't moody this last week, just tired from teaching all day and conferences all night. 
Looking forward to? Finally being healthy enough to meet our nephew, Ian, this coming weekend!!!
Daddy moment?  Thanks to Trent we actually got going on the nursery.  Nothing like 3.5 months to go or anything haha. This week he tore out the trim, patched all the holes, and did 2 coats of primer over the red.  He also picked up the barnwood and/or the pallets we'll use for the wood accent wall.  Then Lora was able to do the first coat of the light gray on the other 3 walls.  Love the color we chose- so light and airy that it makes the room feel a ton bigger than when it was red.
Big Brother Cole moment: Cole decided that he would get too big for his britches overnight this week and has asked to go night-night on his own 3 nights in a row now.  No rocking or cuddling, and even 30 minutes before his normal bedtime.  Makes mama super sad :( He has also started putting his hands and head on my belly and will say, "baby." His daycare has a 2 month old and she says he is so good with her and really likes looking at her.  Let's hope he does the same for his own baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment