Monday, November 3, 2014

27 Weeks

27 Weeks: Baby O2 is the size of a head of cauliflower.   
Lil' O weighs almost 2 pounds and is 14.5 inches long.  This week the baby is waking and sleeping at regular intervals, opening and closing his/her eyes, and sucking on his/her fingers. More brain tissue is developing and the brain is very active now.


How far along? 26 Weeks
Total weight gain? Up 15 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Only in maternity pants.
Stretch marks? Nope- lathering on my cocoa butter like a mad woman though.
Sleep? As long as I can get comfy I'm sleeping like a baby.  Not waking up for bathroom breaks or anything right now.
Best moment this week? Hands down- Halloween with Cole-Man!
Miss anything? The days of no rib pains. 
Movement? All over and at all times of the day.  Hiccups started this last week too- I forgot how cute those little rhythms are.
Food cravings? Nothing really this week.  
Anything making you queasy/sick? Nothing
Gender? 90 days until his/her birthday.
Labor Signs? No- I'd hope not!  According to my old posts with Cole the Braxton-Hicks contractions could begin anytime.  Holy moly that seems like it's way too early for that.
Symptoms? Some slight heartburn has kicked in here and there.  Thankfully, it's nothing like my fire-breathing dragon days like I had with Cole.  Still just overall getting slower due to the rib pains.
Belly button in or out? Completely flat in some moments and then puffs out in others. 
Wedding rings on or off? On 
Happy or moody? Totally happy all week long!!!  
Looking forward to? A 4 day weekend!!!!  Emporia observes Veteran's Day so that means I get Monday and Tuesday off as well.  SO pumped.  Love that I'll get some extra time with Cole.  I do have to go in to the doctor for the glucose test though... hope all this Halloween candy hasn't skewed my results ;)
Daddy moment?  Trent is making progress on the nursery!!  Paint is done, wood trim is torn out, and the new white door and oil rubbed bronze hardware is up.  So nice to say adios to the wood door and gold knobs.  One door down and only 15 to go... I wish I was joking.  The other Daddy moment of the week was seeing my boys trick-or-treat together.  Cole is such a mini-Trent that it's scary.  Seeing the two of them do father/son things just makes me melt.  They are definitely two peas in a pod.
Big Brother Cole moment: Cole Man has officially stopped taking a paci!  We quit cold turkey this last week after the recommendation from our pediatrician.  He said the sooner the better with the baby coming in 3 months and we didn't even have to do anything special, crazy, or out of the ordinary.  We just took them all away, put them in a box, and stored them in the closet for the baby.  He only wanted his paci at night and in the car so I was  really only worried about bedtime... but after crying for a bit he basically got over it and went to sleep.  And that was that.  What a champ.  Speaking of champ... our Royals All-Star knocked it out of the park at Halloween this year.  We took him around to Emporia's Boo at the Zoo and he didn't quite get the say "trick-or-treat" part but he definitely understood that he needed to grab candy from the person's hand or bowl and he carried his own little tote bag.  It was pretty much the cutest thing ever. The thought of having two little ones in tow next year for Halloween just makes me giddy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment