Tuesday, December 30, 2014

35 Weeks

35 Weeks: Baby O2 is the weight of a honeydew melon. 
The baby weighs 5.25 pounds and is over 18 inches long.  This week the kidneys are fully developed and his/her liver can process some waste products.  The baby's basic physical development is mostly complete- the main job now is to put on weight!

How far along? 35 Weeks
Total weight gain? 24 pounds- I blame Christmas food ;)
Maternity clothes? Mix of both maternity and non-maternity. I am so proud to say that I have bought ZERO new maternity clothes.  I made do with what I had from Cole.  What's the point of wasting money on clothes I'll never wear again?  I'd rather get new clothes for after the baby :)
Stretch marks? None yet...
Sleep? No problem whatsoever but I am back in the routine of 1-2 bathroom breaks in the night just like the first trimester.
Best moment this week? All of our Christmas celebrations.  The joy on Cole's face as he wandered out on Christmas morning to a room full of presents was priceless.  It's funny that the last couple mornings he has whooped with joy when he has seen his new toys- like he forgot they were his. And the fact that we'll have TWO of them to share in the excitement next year- Can. Not. Wait.
Miss anything? A cocktail on New Year's would be nice... there's always next year!
Movement? Still the most at night.
Food cravings? Nothing crazy... just thirsty all the time.
Anything making you queasy/sick? Nothing
Gender? Ahhh I just can't wait to find out!!  One minute I say girl then the next I say boy.  Trent is sticking to his boy prediction since he thinks he saw "something" at the sonogram.
Labor Signs? Nothing at all... baby is baking away.
Symptoms? Hot- I don't think I've slept with the covers on in a week. Baby is also pushing down low and I'm feeling some pressure.
Belly button in or out? Out all the time 
Wedding rings on or off? Still on since I haven't hit the swelling stage like I had with Cole.
Happy or moody? Happy- the last month countdown is on!
Looking forward to? Enjoying this week off with Cole Man.  These could very well be the last days I have of just Cole and Mommy so I'm going to soak up every second and stare at him while he sleeps.  Can't believe he won't be the only baby for very much longer :(  I tear up just thinking about it.  #preggohormones
Daddy moment?  Trent was just as excited as Cole for the presents on Christmas.  I'm not sure who has been playing with the trucks and trains more. 
Big Brother Cole moment: I think Cole might know that something is about to go down in 33ish days.  He has been a bear with bedtime the last few nights.  At first we just blamed it on traveling and being away from home... but he's doing it here at home too.  The last couple nights he just clutches my neck so tight and cries out, "I want mama." How can I not give in to that?! If he wants to snuggle with me I'm not going to say no because when we were in Great Bend I was chopped liver.  Glad I moved back up on his list haha!



1 comment:

  1. You look so great and only 5 wks to go!!! Eeeeek :) And I'm in the same boat as you with the gender. One day oh it's TOTALLY a girl and then the next day I'm all hands down this is definitely a boy!! And Kirk also saw "balls" at our 20 wk appt so he's been riding the boy train, as well!! Either way it will be the best surprise ever!!

    ReplyDelete