Monday, October 1, 2012

14 Weeks & 2nd Trimester!!

 Baby O is the size of a lemon

How far along? 14 Weeks and the arrival into the 2nd trimester- what my baby books are describing as the "honeymoon period" of pregnancy.
 Total weight gain? No weight gain yet
Maternity clothes? Nope- but see the baby belly in the pic?  It's starting to make it's debut.
Stretch marks? Nope- going through lots of cocoa butter to be proactive!
Sleep? Awesome all last week but crappy the last 2 nights- I've had some awful headaches.  All I want to do is pop some extra strength Excedrin but that's not on my approved list...
Best moment this week? Obviously the heartbeat last Wednesday :)
Miss anything? Nothing this week
Movement? Nope- but my doctor said I should feel some in the next month.  Oh my, this gets me so excited!
Food cravings? Nothing new.  Although, people are onto the deliciousness of the Sunny D Orange Colada flavor... Wal-Mart has been out of it the last 2 times we've been there... and I've never even seen it at Price Chopper.  Since these are the only store options in Gardner, me and the baby are very sad :( 
Anything making you queasy/sick? Still nervous to try chicken again even though chicken strips don't sound awful.  I feel like this is progress!
Gender? Come on November...
Labor Signs? Nope
Symptoms? Some abdominal pain which the doctors and books say is normal- something about my uterus growing and the ligaments being stretched.  Good news is that my nausea is down to a couple days a week.  Looks like me and Zofran might be breaking up our BFF status any day now... but I don't want to jinx myself here.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody? HAPPY!  Although I wasn't on Sunday with an all day 6 am- 11 pm headache.  That was no fun and I wasn't the best at work today since I felt sick :(  Thank heavens for wonderful coworkers!
Looking forward to? Trenton and I have started two lists- the "before baby to-do list" and the "holy crap there's a lot to buy for a baby list".  But you know I love a good list :)
Daddy moment? Thankful I have a husband who is even more motivated than me to start getting things done for Lil' O.  He/She really will be here before we know it!

 We owe a HUGE thank you to the Hermons for our gift basket they brought by the house last week.  Baby O got his/her first book and first stuffed animal, and lots of other goodies.  Plus we love that they are ESU yellow :)

Forgot to share this picture on the blog (it's already on facebook) of our first outfit we bought for the little one- an ESU Hornet onesie.  We were in Emporia for Trent's 10 year football ceremony thing and we had to hit up the bookstore for baby's first Hornet gear.  For our friends we couldn't tell in person they got this picture in a text saying, "A baby hornet will be joining our family on 4-1-13." Trent has already called dibs on this being the coming home from the hospital outfit.  I'm not settling on anything too soon though...

No comments:

Post a Comment