Monday, December 10, 2012

24 Weeks

24 Weeks: Baby O is the size of an ear of corn.  
He weighs just over 1 pound (supposedly he gained 4 ounces in the last week) and is a foot long! His brain is growing quickly and his lungs are developing "branches" on his respiratory "tree."
 
How far along? 24 Weeks
Total weight gain? Up 13 pounds
Maternity clothes? Only wearing maternity clothes in pants.
Stretch marks? Nope- lathering on my cocoa butter
Sleep? Sleep is good except for waking up earlier than normal.  Guess I'm getting trained for what's to come :)  But 4 a.m. on a Friday morning was NOT cool in my book.
Best moment this week? We can actually SEE little man moving.  It is so cool/weird!  I lay on the couch a lot with my shirt pulled up just watching and waiting to see him move.  I'm also pretty sure he's started doing flips cause the movement feels like my stomach is doing somersault/flip flip movements instead of just the pushes I have been feeling.
Miss anything? We went to the annual Rusco sweater party this weekend and man I wanted to eat the vodka gummy bears so bad!  I think Wendy ate my share though :)
Food cravings? Nothing really- extremely thirsty though.
Anything making you queasy/sick? Nothing
Gender? Little man :)
Labor Signs? No- I'd hope not!
Symptoms? Ohhhh the heartburn... I'm loving those Tums right now. I literally feel like I could turn into a fire breathing dragon at any point some nights.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody? Moody towards some of my high maintenance students- they are driving me BANANAS.  Is it Christmas break yet?!?  But happy other than that :)... and still no pregnancy meltdowns yet!
Looking forward to? Having a slumber party with J-Fe this weekend!!!  Also, the 2nd annual "Favorite Things" party on Wednesday night.
Daddy moment?   Trent is excited for yet another project- sanding/painting on the baby boy's dresser this week.  I'm pumped too!!!

 We hosted Trent's work's Christmas party on Saturday night and I finally erased our fall bucket list.  Not everything got done but I think we did pretty darn good!

 After the work party we tossed all the food in the fridge, threw on our ugly sweater attire, and jetted down 35 to Emporia for the annual Rusco Ugly Sweater Party.  We had a blast- so many stories and memories from the night.  And being the sober one I can remember them all too :)  I can honestly say I had just as much fun as I normally would and even made it to 2 a.m. Not bad for ole preggo!

 Being the judge in the guys vs. girls flip cup tourney just wasn't the same ;) I was really knocking back the water and orange soda.  Crazy, I tell ya!

 Always a guaranteed time with this crazy crowd!

 Even though it's blurry I had to post the picture to show the intensity of "Face Cookie." This Minute to Win It game is what led to some other shenanigans... Wendy and the fence will never be the same ;) Priceless!
 Sunday evening was pretty much spent like this.  Our dogs were worn out from their sleepover at the Gorneys.
We had free tickets that Trent won to Trans Siberian Orchestra... but a long weekend and a warm fireplace made all of us snuggle up for the night on the couch instead.  We couldn't bear to leave these fur faces lol!

4 comments:

  1. Love these posts! I can TOTALLY relate to the heartburn. It came without fail...every.single.night. Someone told me it meant that he was going to have lots of hair. It was supposed to be an old wives tale, but Hudson came out with LOTS of hair! Haha. Glad you are doing good! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kala, looking great! Quick question ... do you guys use an HD camcorder? I'd like to upload our ultrasound video like y'all did, but blogspot isn't allowing our video. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies!

    Sarah, we have an HD flip cam we use. We upload to youtube first, then can upload the youtube link straight from blogspot. Don't know if you've tried that yet or not. Do you guys have a blog? I want to start reading if you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I have not yet tried that! We also have an HD flip camera. I'll try that right now! Starting a blog is something I've wanted to do and can focus on it, now that football season is over. Will be starting at 20 weeks, but better late than never! I'll keep you posted once it's ready.

    ReplyDelete