Monday, December 17, 2012

25 Weeks

 25 Weeks: Baby O is the size of a rutabaga.  
He weighs a pound and a half and is 13.5 inches long! This week he is beginning to put on some baby fat and his wrinkled skin will start smoothing out so he'll look more like a newborn. He is also growing more hair and if we could see it we'd be able to tell its color and texture.
How far along? 25 Weeks
Total weight gain? Up 15 pounds
Maternity clothes? Only wearing maternity clothes in pants.
Stretch marks? Not yet (and hopefully never), I even had to go buy my second bottle of cocoa butter this weekend.
Sleep? Last night I tossed and turned and couldn't get comfy.  But other than that it's been awesome.
Best moment this week? Trent finished the dresser!  We sanded, taped, primed, painted 4 coats, and did 3 coats of poly.  It's currently curing in the basement but we LOVE it and can't wait to see it in the nursery.  I hope it's exactly what I had imagined in my head :)
Miss anything? No wine at our Favorite Things party was sad :( At least Jobeth's punch was yummy!
Food cravings? Nothing new this week.
Anything making you queasy/sick? Not a thing
Gender? Little man :)
Labor Signs? No- I'd hope not!
Symptoms? If my baby app on my phone tells me his hair is growing more this week I firmly believe it... especially if the old wives tale is true about lots of hair=heartburn.  I used to just get it just in the evenings/night but now it's all day long.  I'm about to go buy yet another bottle of Tums.  I have one jumbo bottle at home, one in the car, and one in my desk at school.  The bottle in my desk has 6 left and I'll probably go through that by lunchtime!
Belly button in or out? In- but it's looking pretty flat right now.  Granted it's always been shallow but I feel like it's getting close...
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody? Happy to have such a happy/active little man inside me... but man the tragedy at Sandy Hook really got to me.  Watching the news is so disheartening and as a teacher/parent-to-be it just hits too close to home.
Looking forward to? CHRISTMAS/CHRISTMAS BREAK!!!! Yes, I am so excited about Christmas that I felt it deserved all caps :) I only work until Thursday this week and then we are headed back to the Bend!
Daddy moment?   Trent was spooning with me and was holding my tummy to feel little man moving around and then Baby O kicked his hand off my stomach.  It was one of the hardest ones yet and was directly on Trent's hand.  It shocked us both cause it came out of nowhere!


One of the other best moments last week was the Favorite Things Party I threw with Ashley and Jobeth.  We did it last year and loved it so much we had to do it again.  Here's the spread before the "shopping" happened.  Everyone always brings such unique stuff and this year was no exception.  All the gifts were so different and it gives you good ideas for anyone left on your shopping list. It also makes you want one of everything :)

Here's what I got this year:
1. Mason jar glass/straw and the BEST hairties ever from Wendy.  She wasn't lying when she said they don't leave a crease behind. I wore them all weekend and am officially obsessed.  Plus they are glitter- I can't resist the glitter!
 2. Santa cookie platter and peanut butter cookies from Dana.  This will be the perfect plate to set out every year for Baby O to leave Santa his cookies!
3. Corkcicle from Sarah.  You freeze this cork and use it as your wine topper too so that it keeps the wine chilled when you set it out.  So awesome!

I did a crappy job at taking pictures this year and should've given Ashley my camera.  I didn't even remember a group picture!!  What is wrong with me?!  I can't blame it on the wine this year so I'm blaming the baby ;)  I also forgot to take a picture of what I brought to the party, so sad. This year I brought some items from the store "Lush" at Oak Park.  It's a cool bath/body/beauty store and all their products are handmade and natural.  I stuck in a $10 gift card and then one of their "surprise" bath bombs.  Hope the 3 ladies who got my gift will enjoy them!  I know I LOVE that store!

No comments:

Post a Comment