Monday, December 31, 2012

27 Weeks


27 Weeks: Baby O is the weight of a head of cauliflower.  
He weighs almost 2 pounds and is 14.5 inches long.  This week little man is waking and sleeping at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and sucking on his fingers. More brain tissue is developing and his brain is very active now.

How far along? 27 Weeks- last week of the 2nd trimester believe it or not.  We cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going!!
Total weight gain? 20 pounds
Maternity clothes? Only wearing maternity clothes in pants, but I did buy a maternity sweater and a tank top this week during our yearly "K-Jo After Christmas Shopping Day." :)
Stretch marks? None right now
Sleep? Still so so.  I had one night this week where I started my day at 3:30 a.m.
Best moment this week? Doing the baby registry at Babies-R-Us.  I am so thankful I did all my research before hand by talking to friends, reading books, blog suggestions, and pinterest ideas before going to the store.  I knew exactly what was on my checklist and it made it go so much smoother/quicker!  We are also extremely lucky that Ashley and Jerad are giving us a TON of Jeryn's baby stuff- changing pad, Boppy pillow, bouncer seat, swing, etc.  Jeryn told us she was happy to share with her baby.  She also informed me that she would be fighting me for the baby.  I'm not lying- those were her exact words.  Her and Ashley were having a conversation and Ashley was telling her that I probably wouldn't want to give up the baby and that Jeryn would have to fight me for him.  She took that literally... it was the cutest thing when she said, "Tia, I'm going to fight you for my baby."  She did later say we could at least share him. She's also adamant that his name is Scooter... thanks to her mother on that one ;)
Miss anything? Nothing!
Food cravings? Nothing new this week.
Anything making you queasy/sick? Not a thing
Gender? Little man :)
Labor Signs? No- I'd hope not.  But I did read that Braxton Hicks contractions could be starting soon.  This is all so surreal...
Symptoms? Same as last week- my nemesis the heartburn, and some mild back pain.  He also had the hiccups this week- too cute.
Belly button in or out? Also the same as last week- in bur not by much.
Wedding rings on or off? On- I hope I won't get too swollen and have to take them off.  But we had a friend who told me a horror story of having them cut off... so I'll definitely take them off when the time comes.
Happy or moody? Could I be any happier?!?
Looking forward to? Tonight's new year's party and working on some projects we started this weekend in the baby's room.
Daddy moment?   Our baby app told us last week that Trenton might be able to hear Baby O's heartbeat if he lays on my stomach.  We've tried it a couple times but so far no luck.  Poor Trent also has two very jealous dogs up in his face when he does this so that doesn't help much!

 My baby belly blocking the tree.

 
Some more of Baby O's Christmas presents I forgot to post last week.  The Ruscos gave him his first set of DD's- and it even matches one of Trent's shirts!  If Baby O is anything like his daddy then he'll be wearing lots of Dynamic Discs apparel in his future :)

 The navy/orange outfits are from Baby O's great grandma.  She couldn't resist since they matched the nursery.  The KU outfit is from one of my sweet students.  The Lil 'O is the back of the DD onesie.  Perfect moniker since Trent is "Big O."

Trent's job at Babies-R-Us- scan whatever I point to with the scanner gun.

 Got the checklist- ready to do work!

What the furbabies like to do when I blog these weekly posts.  Usually they lie in the chair together but Bentley was in a climbing mood today.

1 comment: