Monday, January 14, 2013

29 Weeks

 29 Weeks: Baby O is the weight of a butternut squash  
He weighs 2.5 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long head to toe.  This week his lungs and muscles are continuing to mature and his head is growing bigger for his developing brain.
*It looks like I have red/purple highlights in the top of my hair but the setting sun did something weird to my hair this week- no new color to report!


How far along? 29 Weeks... bye bye to the 20s!
Total weight gain? 23 pounds
Maternity clothes? Still just in pants but my first oldnavy.com order just arrived when I got home from work tonight, yay!  I got 7 tops and 1 new pair of skinnies for $88 thanks to a 30% off coupon last week!!!  I refuse to pay full price on these maternity clothes I'll only wear for a few more months!
Stretch marks? None right now
Sleep? Ehhh. I wake up everytime I need to move onto a different side.  This side sleeping is already getting old and we still have 11 more weeks.  What I wouldn't give to sleep on my back or tummy right now!
Best moment this week? We only worked 4 days last week even though it was our first week back.  We each took the day off on Friday for my glucose test (really not as bad as people said), to visit my grandpa in Yates Center, and then head back to Great Bend so Trent could help tile a bathroom for his parents.  As crazy as it sounds... it was our last trip to GB without the baby.  NUTS!!
Miss anything? Sleeping on my tummy or back.
Food cravings? Nothing new this week.
Anything making you queasy/sick? Not a thing
Gender? Little man :)
Labor Signs? Nope, thank goodness!
Symptoms? The two usuals- heartburn and back pain.
Belly button in or out? Still barely in- it's hanging on as long as it can.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody? I officially had my first meltdown last Wednesday and as embarrassing as it was, I promised myself to document everything so I wouldn't forget...  That night, I had just gotten out of the shower and was putting lotion on when I saw a varicose/spider vein on my calf.  My baby center app had mentioned that could happen, especially to people who are on their feet all day at work like I am, but I must've been in denial that I would get them.  I tried not getting worked up about it but Trent saying, "It's no big deal, that's just part of it" pushed me off the meltdown ledge.  I went downstairs to try and hide being upset but it did no good.  Trent could hear me crying and came down to this scene- on the couch, in my robe, fuzzy slippers, wet hair in a towel, bowl of ice cream in hand, laptop on lap, sobbing. All he get out of me was an incoherent sentence he claims went like this: "Old Navy... chocolate... sale... fat... order tonight... can't stop.. ugly... 30%."  How the poor guy didn't burst out laughing immediately is beyond me.  Somehow, he consoled me, told me to take my time online shopping, and probably went and laughed in private.  It really is like people say!  I know I sounded crazy/irrational/melodramatic... but I just couldn't stop crying.  Let's hope that doesn't happen again- other than that night I've been my normal self :)
Looking forward to? The fabric for the nursery came in this last week and I'm so excited for my mom to make the curtains and for Lora to make the bedding!!!
Daddy moment?   Gotta give the guy props for handling his first preggo wife meltdown.  Glad both him and I can laugh about it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment