Monday, March 11, 2013

37 Weeks

37 Weeks: Baby O is the length of a stalk of Swiss chard.
He weighs 6 1/3 pounds and is a bit over 19 inches head to heel. This week he must just be hanging out and packing on an ounce per day until D-day because my baby app didn't say anything new about his development.

How far along? 37 Week- Full Term!
Total weight gain?  28 pounds
Maternity clothes? Mix of maternity and normal clothes. I'm proud to say I lasted the whole pregnancy with only having to buy maternity clothes in: 3 pairs of jeans, 2 dress pants, 1 pencil skirt, 4 tanktops, 3 solid burnout tees, and 2 dressier tops.  Everything else I already owned and mixed and matched with cardigans, leggings, dresses, and scarves I already owned.  Trent should be grateful ;)
Stretch marks? Still none so far...
Sleep? I wake up an average of 5-10 times a night having to lift my belly and tuck my body pillow underneath to get comfy.
Best moment this week? Our doctor's appointment last week for sure.  It was our first pre-delivery exam and I was excited to hear if we had made any gains toward delivery .  Our doc told us that we were 1 cm dilated, 20% effaced, and he's basically as low as he can possibly go before delivery begins.  I could literally tell the day he dropped (Tuesday, March 5)- one day I just woke up and I could breathe again and felt like I really needed to use the bathroom every time I walked.  Needless to say, I've been trying really hard to not walk around my room and teach as much... but to a teacher who only sits at her desk at lunch and before/after school... it's been a bit of a challenge.  Thank heavens for my fabulous para who has started making me sit and is doing the walking around for me.  The other new highlight was seeing him breathing through my tummy.  I had my shirt up while we were watching him move around one night and we could see my tummy going up and down with his fast little breaths.  What a fast little breather he is!
Miss anything? Clear skin- I'm starting to break out again.  What the crap?!
Food cravings? All about sweets lately- but that's pretty normal for me on a usual basis anyway :)
Anything making you queasy/sick? Nada
Gender? Little man :)
Labor Signs? A couple Braxton Hicks one night last week but it was just that one night.  We're ready though- nothing left on the to do list and the contraction app is downloaded to both of our phones for when the real action starts to happen!
Symptoms? I don't feel like I'm waddling... but I'm definitely moving slower.  Still have heartburn, back pain, and random hip pains every now and then. 
Belly button in or out? Out 95% of the time.
Wedding rings on or off? Off :( I have a cute ring with our initials that Trent got me off of Etsy that I'm wearing as my stand in right now.
Happy or moody? Ecstatic... I'm soooo ready to meet him!  I'm really not even nervous yet because I just want to see/hold him so bad.  Trying not to think of what I have to do in order for that to happen... I'm choosing to remain oblivious to the fun that awaits ;) 
Looking forward to? Meeting him in T minus 21 days-ish.  Also that I only have 8 more days at work (spring break next week!!)... if he goes exactly on his due date.  I'll be working right up until the last possible day I can to make sure my kids are good and ready for those lovely state assessments!
Daddy moment?   Trent's ready!  He got all of his last to do things done as well... now we can sit back and relax just the two of us for the last time ever!  Bring on the last of our pre-baby date nights!


Headed to work on one of the last days before he dropped.

There's the outtie!

 I've been taking a few naps here and there on the couch while waiting for Trent to get home.  Luckily I have some snuggle bugs willing to cuddle up with me.

If only he knew what's coming... this dog has been my baby and he knows it.

One more cause he's so ridiculous.

Where I spent my whole Saturday preparing things for my maternity sub.  Blah... I need to get over my OCD/control issues and just give in to the realization that someone else will be taking control of my classroom for the next 2 months and things will be just fine without me.

The best part of our weekend was our slumber party with JFe!  The last one just the diva, Tio, and Tia.  We celebrated with pizza and Madagascar 3.  She got in lots of practice with her babydolls for the arrival of her baby cousin!

She made sure Tio was in one too.

And then this pose happened.  5 seconds before, we had asked what she was doing and her response... "Pickin' a wedge."  LOL... that girl is the funniest person I know.

I know I'm crazy but I had to document the first time we could take advantage of this parking while we were running errands on Sunday.  VIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment