Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nursery Reveal

Welcome to Baby O's nursery!  I'm getting bored on spring break since I've been instructed by my doctor and by my husband to do absolutely nothing... so it gave me the perfect time to blog the baby's room. It's been done for a few weeks now... all we need is the little man to move on in!

The view from the hallway as you walk toward his room.

View once you're in the room.  Ignore the black piece of construction paper on the monogram.  We can't give away his first initial just yet.  But the M is for his middle name of Michael- which is just like Trent and Bob's.  Surely no explanation needed on where the O came from ;)

The crib view and Harlee's new spot she has picked out.  This is normally where she'll lie down when we're in the nursery.  Practicing on her watchdog duties before his arrival.

Up close view of the bedding and crib skirt that Lora made for him.  Exactly what I had designed and drawn out- she did perfect!

Standing in between the closet and the bedroom door you face the window.  My mom slaved away an afternoon to make the curtains for him- they were exactly what I wanted!

The wall in between the doors holds the bookcase that Trenton custom built for him.  The last two minor things we still have to do are on this bookcase.  1. Spraypaint the yellow frame (from one of my students) to orange. 2. Find a white drum shade with the top bulb attachment, not the middle like every single freaking store has.  We're going to have to order one online because every place we've looked (Target, Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, Nebraska Furniture Mart, and Gordman's) has the bulb attachment down in the middle and we need it on the top.  I would pick the most difficult one ;)  Until then... the burlap that came on it will have to do!

The wall opposite the crib is for the rocker and dresser.  Can't wait to break everything in!

Our craigslist find that Trent repaired, sanded, primed, painted, and polyed to get just perfect.  My contribution to this project- nothing unless you count the drawer liners and organizing everything inside.  Trent did AMAZING.  The picture doesn't even do it justice, you have to see it in person!

And for some of our favorite room details...
 My remake of a sign I fell in love with off of pinterest.

The special cross from his Grandpa Bob and the beginning of his hat collection.  The owl hat I got a few weeks before we found out the gender.  At this point we thought he was a boy and when we were back in Great Bend at the GBHS craft fair, we saw it was the perfect colors to match our boy nursery and had to have it.  His great grandma Geneva was the one that bought it for him :)

 Cheap picture found at Goodwill that we spraypainted white and painted with chalkboard paint.

 The motorcycle diaper cake from my shower that was made by Angie, Ashley, and Lora.  Of course it had to be a motorcycle for Trent :)

My favorite basket nearly full to the brim with stuffed animals already.  They added up quickly!

 His organized closet ready and waiting on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment