Monday, March 18, 2013

38 Weeks

38 Weeks: Baby O is the length of a leek.
He weighs 6.8 pounds and is over 19.5 inches long.  This week he has really plumped up, his organs have fully matured for the real world, and he has a strong grasp to get ready and hold our hands.

How far along? 38 Weeks
Total weight gain?  30 pounds
Maternity clothes? Still the same- mixing maternity and non-maternity
Stretch marks? Still none so far... 14 days to go... cross your fingers for me!
Sleep? Ehhh... I'm up to about 3 potty breaks a night so that definitely interrupts my slumber.  I'd better get used to it!
Best moment this week? 1.  Getting everything completely ready for my maternity sub at school.  I could go into labor tonight and not have to worry about a single thing!  2. Planning out a surprise date night on Saturday with my baby daddy.  3. Feeling what we think were baby farts today in my tummy.  Can they do that?!  I went to have lunch at Trent's work today and after lunch I was sitting in his office talking when I kept feeling these bubbly type sensations on my left side where his butt is.  Trent felt several of them too and we cracked up.  If that's what they were it's no surprise... he IS Trent's son after all ;) 4. I'm super happy that I have spring break this week which means I can get in some much needed rest after reading state assessments!
Miss anything? Nada! Although, I'm sure I'll miss my belly and all his movements once he's here.  But I'd still rather have him here :)
Food cravings? Thirsty as a cactus for any cold liquids.
Anything making you queasy/sick? Nada
Gender? Little man :)
Labor Signs? A couple Braxton Hicks but nothing major.  We have our weekly appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping we've made some progress so I don't have to go back to work after spring break ;)  Baby O and I have had a talk and I told him that anytime in the next week is fine with me if it's good with him!
Symptoms? I'm pretty sure I've reached maximum capacity for this little man cause I'm basically at that uncomfortable stage where I'm moving a lot slower than I have been.  I've also been having cramping, hip pains (which suck by the way), and my nemesis heartburn.
Belly button in or out? Out 99% of the time.
Wedding rings on or off? Off :( I am quite puffy so there's no way the ring is coming back on yet.
Happy or moody? Tired... but sooo happy!!!!  Let's hope the next 2ish weeks don't lead to any moodiness or meltdowns.
Looking forward to? Seeing him!!!!  I'm getting impatient and just want to meet him already.
Daddy moment?   I had fun planning out a date night just for Trent with his favorite things this last weekend.  He is my favorite person in the whole wide world and I can't wait to see him with our handsome boy!

 Shield your eyes... the cankles made their debut last Tuesday at our doctor's appointment.  When I took my jeans off we were SHOCKED because they weren't like that at all that morning!

 Bentley getting in some last snuggles as the baby of the house.

 2 years ago Trent and I spent a year taking turns planning out a "surprise" date night for the other person once a month.  Some of my favorite dates have been from that year so we brought it back one more time before Baby O arrives.  I planned last weekend and Trent is planning this weekend... if the baby doesn't come before then!

Our first stop was at the indoor Naskart racing track.  But Trent felt guilty racing without me so he requested we go back after the baby is born.  What a guy :)  So we left the go cart track and headed straight to dinner... New York Dawg Pound.  If you haven't been there yet you are missing something in your life.  They have the most amazing gourmet (crazy flavors and mixtures) hotdogs.  I usually get the Yankee Poodle but branched out and got the Cheezy Cheeto hotdog this time while Trent went with the Butkus.

 Stop #3 was to pickup Cheesecake Factory for dessert to take home and enjoy with a movie.  We both have a weakness for their cheesecake.  It seriously doesn't get better than that!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

 Patty's wasn't nearly the same this year since I couldn't enjoy our usual green beers.  Instead we celebrated the fun holiday with green pancakes. Baby O definitely enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment