Monday, September 1, 2014

18 Weeks


18 Weeks- Baby O2 is the size of a bell pepper- 5.5 inches long and almost 7 ounces. The baby is busy flexing his/her arms. The ears are now in the final position, although they are sticking out from the head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is forming around the nerves, a process that will continue in the first year of life as well. 

How far along? 18 Weeks
Total weight gain? Up 8 pounds
Maternity clothes? Still not yet- some pants still fit fine and others require the rubberband trick or the belly band.  
Stretch marks? Nope- lathering on my cocoa butter morning and night.
Sleep? Sleeping awesome and still not using the body pillow yet.  There are some nights where I wake up and grab an extra pillow cause my tummy or back are hurting.  Nothing too major though.
Best moment this week? Having 1.5 days off this week cause Cole's daycare lady was sick- we had so much fun together.  He also got to come with me to the baby's monthly appointment and was such a good boy!
Miss anything? Summer break :) My days off with Cole reminded me how much I love/feel blessed to have that time every year to be at home.
Movement? Oh yeah, pushes and pokes throughout the day.  Have had some bigger ones too but they aren't as frequent yet.
Food cravings? Nothing really.
Anything making you queasy/sick? Nothing!!
Gender? Don't know and won't know until D-day. Sonogram has been set for Sept 19 so I really hope I don't give in on that day.  I don't think I will though.  I pretty much have my mind set!
Labor Signs? No- I'd hope not!
Symptoms? Bigger belly and that's about it this week.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody? Happy!!  We had a three day weekend spent with both sides of our family, shopping, and unpacking... lots of fun!
Looking forward to? Finishing our unpacking.  We have made lots of progress but still have lots to do.  All in good time.
Daddy moment: Getting lots done around the house- especially since he had a 4 day weekend. He is also excited to have his beloved Mustang back with us.  We had been storing it at a friend's house in Olathe but we were finally able to bring it home this weekend.
Big brother Cole: At the appointment for the baby, Cole heard the heartbeat and started grinning ear to ear.  He also got new shoes, clothes, and some toys this weekend during our KC shopping trip.  His favorite part?  The shoes of course since he's such a shoe lover.  Wore them all day/night today... even with only his diaper.



No comments:

Post a Comment