Tuesday, September 2, 2014

8 Weeks

 8 Weeks: Baby O2 is the size of a kidney bean.
This week the baby's webbed fingers and toes are poking out of the hands and feet, eyelids practically cover the eyes, breathing tubes extend from the throat to the developing lungs, and the "tail" is just about gone. 

How far along? 8 Weeks
Total weight gain? Nada yet
Maternity clothes? Nope
Stretch marks? Fingers crossed that I will get lucky again and won't get them...
Sleep? Kind of restless, have gone to the couch a few nights because I get SO hot with Trent and the two dogs in bed with me.  I forgot how much heat a pregnant lady can produce- it's just radiating off of me.
Best moment this week? Getting to attend the wedding of a teacher friend- so fun catching up with my old team.  I will miss them so much next year! 
Miss anything? Being able to feed Cole and myself without wanting to throw up the whole time.
Movement? Nope
Food cravings? Any food I can stomach to get down.
Anything making you queasy/sick? Everything. 24 hours a day.  Not fun.
Gender? Had my first baby dream and this time... it was a girl!
Labor Signs? Nope
Symptoms? The all day morning sickness is horrible.  Chasing and playing Cole-Man all day probably isn't helping much.  I also experienced the worst cramps of my life this weekend after we got home from a wedding.  I was in so much pain they felt like contractions which scared the crap out of us. I would only sleep for about 30 minutes at a time before I'd wake up rocking in pain.  It was the worst night of my life and not something I feel like reliving ever again.  Luckily, I'm okay and more importantly the baby is fine. 
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody? HAPPY!!! And so so tired.
Looking forward to? Seeing Cole become a big brother- he is so fun and funny at this age right now.
Daddy moment: I'm so thankful that Trent helped unpack us some because with my all day morning sickness OCD Kala has left the building... she's been replaced with Living-out-of-boxes-is-cool-Kala.
Big brother Cole moment: Cole is all about playing outside right now.  He loves raking and talking to our neighbors dogs through the fence.


No comments:

Post a Comment