Sunday, September 21, 2014

20 Weeks

20 Weeks: Baby O2 is the size of a banana.  
*For the first 20 weeks the baby was being measured head to rump, now my baby app is measuring the baby from little head to tiny toe! This week, Baby O2 is swallowing more which is helping the digestive tract and he/she is producing meconium- the by-product of digestion and the stuff that's in those first few diapers.

How far along? 20 Weeks- halfway there!!!!!!  Kind of scary how fast this is flying by... and how we've done absolutely nothing to prepare for this one!  At this point with Cole we had cleared out the nursery and set up the crib. Yikes...
Total weight gain? Up 8 pounds
Maternity clothes? Not there yet...
Stretch marks? Nope- lathering on my cocoa butter
Sleep? Like a rock!
Best moment this week? Much to our surprise, we got to meet our nephew, Ian Robert Gorney a month earlier than planned yesterday on 9-13-14.  Him and his mama scared the crap out of us again but thank the Lord for taking care of them both and letting us all get there ASAP Saturday morning once we got the call.  He is such a cutie!!  I know these crazy cousins are going to have so much fun together.
Miss anything? Nothing this week.
Movement? Little flips and flops at all times of the day now- especially at night- we have a little night owl!
Food cravings? Just more of my favorite fall drink- the salted caramel mocha frappucino from Starbucks, aka the Starbucks crack.  I could have one everyday if they weren't five bucks a pop lol.
Anything making you queasy/sick? Nothing- nausea seems like a whole lifetime ago... knock on wood...
Gender? Don't know and won't know until Baby O2's birthday!  Although it's getting really tempting to give in...
Labor Signs? No- I'd hope not!
Symptoms? At this time I'd already had killer heartburn with Cole-Man, luckily I've only had minor heartburn so far just a few days here and there.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? Still off until my rings are finished.
Happy or moody? HAPPY!!!
Looking forward to? We have our sonogram scheduled for this coming Friday!!  Can't wait to see our little one.  Let's hope I can stay strong on not finding out the gender.  Trent supports me either way which makes it all the more difficult because I know that really he'd like to find out. 
Daddy moment?  Trent helped out so much this week when Cole got sick.  I think he was just as worried as I was.
Big Brother Cole moment: After our trip to KC on Monday to go see Dr. Rita, we found out that Cole came down with Type B flu.  Poor guy was such a trooper though.  He was out of daycare from Monday-Wednesday and thank goodness Abuela came into town on Wed. so I could go in for my observation.  Thursday he then started with his permanent daycare since our caregiver was on maternity leave.  He had a blast and slept sooo good. 





No comments:

Post a Comment